Focus on Food Safety & Product Quality
Kerr believes quality starts with quality ingredients. Through our close relationship with local growers, and our vendor certification program, Kerr ensures all fruit and vegetables used in our products are sourced from responsible and dependable vendors.
Every ingredient is reviewed by our analytical and microbiological laboratory before it is used in production. Our quality and food safety programs are continuously reviewed and updated to ensure our standards meet or exceed the up-to-date requirements related to food safety and manufacturing practices.
Kerr’s production facilities are continuously upgraded with an emphasis on quality, efficiency, and safety through process design and automation. Kerr’s routine in-process and final lot inspections are designed to verify that every batch is within our internal and customer’s specifications. Because Kerr’s ingredients can be used in an endless number of applications, Kerr is dedicated to working with every customer to define their specific application needs, align their specifications accordingly, and ensure they consistently receive quality product. Although the Quality Assurance department is primarily responsible for quality and food safety, as a company we believe that quality and food safety is everyone’s responsibility.
Here is a list of our current certifications:
- Kerr is SQF 2000 Level 3 Certified for both our Oxnard and Salem Plants
- Kerr is Organic Certified through Oregon Tilth for Oxnard and Salem Plants
- Most of Kerr’s product are Kosher approved by Kof-K or OU
- Kerr’s products are suitable for Halal diets
- Kerr is an EarthWISE approved sustainable company
- Kerr is a member of the Oregon Section of the Institute of Food Technologists
- Kerr is a member of the NWFPA (Northwest Food Processors Association)
- Kerr is a member of the PSAB (Processing Strawberry Advisory Board)