Open Position: Production Worker
The Production Worker is an entry level position responsible for operating and monitoring the food processing equipment in accordance with Kerr Concentrates, Inc. policies, procedures and applicable laws. This position processes raw materials into finished product. Basic job responsibilities are to operate a forklift, operate dumping equipment, clean appropriate equipment and pack off finished products.
- Operate and monitor fruit processing equipment in accordance with internal specifications; accurately document activities through HACCP forms, sanitation checklists and daily production reports.
- Operate a forklift.
- Compound, adjust and package blends of multiple ingredients.
- Perform pre-operation sanitation inspections of equipment to insure product safety.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Relay information to co-workers on shift as well as other departments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a forklift certification.
- Make independent decisions within the operating procedures at Kerr Concentrates.
- Mastery of repetitive functions within the job.
- Meet progressive productivity requirements with consistent accuracy.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds for the majority of the shift.
Desired behavior, personal attributes,(Success Drivers And Competencies):
- Prioritizes work according to business needs.
- Accepts and deals effectively with dynamic change and supports colleagues through it.
- Demonstrates the ability to deliver results during uncertainty, change and ambiguity.
- Proactively helps others and responds to their business needs to build strong working relationships.
- Actively seeks feedback about self and is open in providing feedback to peers in a constructive way.
Relocation Available? No